Book of Esther chpt-2 v-12
King James Bible
*Before a girl's turn came to go in to King Xerxes, she had to complete twelve months of beauty treatments prescribed for the women, six months with oil of myrrh and six with perfumes and cosmetics.
Now, I know we don't have twelve months to get ready for a date let alone husbands and such, but we could at least try to implement some extra special grooming time to our Sisterlocks(tm). I have researched different perfume oils that were used in Ancient Egypt and in biblical times. Putting the fragance oils in your hair instead of on your body will make the scent you use last longer. So if you do have great locks, that's good, but considering topping off that great style with an exotic fragrance that's all your own. Try mixing two different fragrances to personalize your scent. I mix about four different oils;two are essential oils and two are frangance oils for my particular scent. I get a kick out hearing my husband say he knows where I've been because of my special scent. Give your Sisterlocks(tm) a treat! Turn heads not just with a great Sisterlocks(tm) hairstyle, but stop him in his tracks with beautiful smelling hair.Not sure of what to use?
Scents to consider are
- florals like- jasmine, lotus, lavender, neroli( this fragrance is off the hook expensive but good.
- spicy like-ginger, clove, anise,
- sweet like-vanilla, amber, tahitian vanilla,orange essential oil, tangerine essential oil
Oils that work great together are :
neroli & orange
anise essential & orange essential
clove & vanilla
rosewood & lavendar
Also some pre-blended fragrances that smell really good are :
- Dutch chocolate,- very chocolatey sweet like real chocolate, sometimes I wear it alone or mix it with tahitian vanilla
- grapefruit & sage, - has a citrus herby smell. This mixes well with peppermint
- bayrum, -I very strong could be masuline for feminine scent. This is great with sandalwood and orange
- citrus linen- just smells like clean fresh laundry. I mix it with grapefruit and sage.
- sandlewood- very smooth woodsy scent. I blend with orange and even a little dutch chocolate too!
Just to name a few. These combination can be mixed in a ratio of 1:1 except when using strong scents like clove then you should use a ratio 2:1 or even 3:1. I always use a drop of vanilla in my combination because it helps to "blend" the oils that I'm mixing together.
As for where to get the oils, I buy most of my fragrance oils from "The Scent Shack". This company has some of the best smelling fragrances I have ever used. From this company you can purchase them in sizes of 1. oz to 16 ounces. There oils are never bitter smelling, and the oils are high quality. As for the essential oils I get them from the "NOW" company. The essential oils usually come size of.5 and up to2.oz sizes