Saturday, October 28, 2006

In The Cold


Well I'm back in my hometown, the "Big Apple" and it's cold and rainy out here. I want to get back to Georgia so bad; I miss home. Silly me forgot how cold and impersonal this place can be. Right know it's 9 a.m. and I'm looking out my rain-soaked window at a high-rise building across the street. Parking is murder in the city, especially for someone who still can't parallel park. I pray my Chrysler doesn't get hit! Anywho, I'm here servicing my Sisterlocks clients, then back on the road again. My husband works out here at Sloan, the top cancer hospital in the country. He's in a "New York State of Mind", so I can't convince him to move south. This just isn't the place for my babies. My husband looks at me like I'm crazy because I act like a tourist, clutching my purse while staring at the crowds of people in amazement, when I come to town. I know I should be to it but I traded in "The Big Apple" for a "Georgia Peach" a long time ago.

No comments:

Please Leave a Comment!