Saturday, August 14, 2010

Beauty of Egypt

I had to take this picture even though it is a white woman, her costume was sooo regal and off the hook that it gave me goose bumps to think of how splendid the women must have looked back then. I have to admit there are days when I just don't want to fuss with my hair, or putting on makeup, or even wearing a bra!

I wish I had hand maids to take care of all that for me,lol, but alas it is just I (sometimes my daughter when she has pity for me) that tries to put herself together.

But sometimes I feel more sexy when Im NOT trying. I think my hair being Sisterlocked has a lot to do with it too. It is soo care free yet soo naturally beautiful that it allows you the time to "do nothing" but run your fingers through it. I think I'd be bald-headed if I did nt have Sisterlocks. Some days I'll just put a few drops of cedarwood essential oil on my scalp witha  little jasmine and keep moving.




I can also take time for more import things like preparing meals or reading uplifting information . I guess with Sisterlocks your just plain pretty ALL the time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too always thought egypian people were beautiful.

Can you imagine yourself with this dress on with your sisterlocks? :)

Please Leave a Comment!