Friday, November 11, 2011

How Do I use Clay as a Natural Hair Conditioner

clay natural hair conditioner
When I first saw the You Tube video about using clay as a natural hair conditioner, I was shocked. I thought to myself,  what the hell are these girls gonna think of next! I should respect the game though, experiments with natural ingredients is really the only way to know if something works or not, after all....

Doctors "practice" on us everyday but because they walk in with a white coat, we assumed they know what they're doing.

They said the curls would lengthen
Anyway, I watched several ladies talk about the hair conditioner made of clay; they also said that the hair actually lengthens from continued use. I was really intrigued by this,  as a licensed natural hair stylist, I knew of nothing short of a jerri curl that would actually stretch your natural curl pattern.

I brought the  hair conditioner stuff from a health food store
So I made a mad dash to the health food store for some clay. I was giggling because I normally put this stuff into home made products for the face, I would never have dream of doing this. I grabbed a few essential oils like cedarwood, and lavender, then I jotted down the cooking oil isle for some  raw coconut oil, got home, and started mixing.

Do here's my mixture:
  • 2 tbsp Bentanite clay
  • 2tbsp coconut oil(Parachute brand is the best)
  • 20 drops cedarwood oil
  • 6 drops lavender oil

I mixed everything together inside a glass bowl and added water slowly until I created a pasted. I sectioned off the hair into four sections.
Parted the hair into 1 inch sections and applied the pasted with an applicator brush.
When I finished applying the paste to the entire head, I put a plastic bag our the hair and let it sit for an hour.

Results: This stuff actually worked!
Well it made kinky hair much softer, very light and fluffy. I didn't notice a curl lengthening though but I assume will frequent use, that could be a result, since the hair came out so soft.
Hey I think my next assignment is to figure out a way to add this to a curl formula, I think ladies will really enjoy using this natural hair conditioner.
















No comments:

Please Leave a Comment!