Monday, December 17, 2007

When I Kissed His Face...


When I kissed his face, I realized the man I loved was gone. It didn't seem real to until that moment. Every memory of what he was in my life came rushing back to me like a flash of light. It mad me weak at in the knees. The thought of him not being there anymore. I would never hear the roar of his laughter, or the pace of his foot steps, or the stories of legends. I always wanted to be the one to bring him is plate of food, or eavesdrop on juicy conversations. If I wasn't clear about something, I came to him and with clock-like precision, my answer was given.

But when I kissed his face, his cold face in that coffin, I knew he was gone. My Dad was gone. Before he passed away, I had very deep conversation with him. I had the opportunity to thank him for everything he did for me and my siblings. I told him that it was an honor to have him as my dad.

He cried.

I never saw him get emotional like that so it made me cry. He said, "No one ever told me thank you. No one ever said they honored me. You don't know what it means to me to hear you say that. I love You.."

Do you know how painful it is to lose someone because of food. Because they didn't know or have the strength to change.

The wrong food killed my dad. I didn't have the understanding in time to save him, but I can help you!

I want you to be your best. Losing weight and getting healthy is easy to do. You just need guidance. And if I can help in any way please let me know.


Love
Salkis
478 501-7836

1 comment:

DrWaddell said...

Hey Salkis, it's been almost a year since your dad's passing...I do hope this comment finds you well--spiritually, emotionally and physically. Here's my thought: may I suggest that you honor him with a pic of the two of you in Ed Gordon's Daddy's Promise National Album? Heard of it?!

I'm a daddy's girl myself...I wrote a blog about the Daddy's Promise mission and my subsequent pic submission.
http://esandb.blogspot.com/2008/07/calling-all-daddys-girls-everywhere.html

http://esandb.blogspot.com/2008/07/john-h-brooks-and-daughter-kecia.html

Peace & Strength,
Kecia

Please Leave a Comment!