Wednesday, October 05, 2011

My natural hair won't grow, SO WHAT!



 My natural hair won't grow, I hear it all the time and I ask what is really the problem with that? We are so obsessed with length of hair, too caught of in the potions and the commercials promising a lion's mane full of natural curly hair.


Why do we feel as though long hair is an automatic green light for sensuality and femininity?
I am so tired of hearing this shit from our communities and we pass this insecurity on to our daughters as well. If u look at some indigenous tribe in Africa, the women do not have long hair and as a tribe they are so close genetically that you cant tell male from female by looking at facial features alone.
  
We are to hairy anyway!
We are too hairy if you ask me. Look at the hair  on your legs, underarms,arms and  chin(for some of us), this is a genetic mutations we are glorifying, and not the norm of our foremothers,even the of ancient tribes didn't have beards, just look at old pictures from tribe like the Omo or Nuba people from Ethiopia etc.

If you act like a boy, then you will look like one!
I hear it all the time;"My natural hair won't grow and I don't want to look like a boy!" Feminity is an attitude not a hairstyle! It is the way you care for yourself,  the tone of your voice, the way the look at one someone, they way you touch a person, it your posture, the movement of your hips....

If your are one of the 'original' sistah who can seem to get hair growth past a few inches then I would say your blessed because u won't be able to hide the care you have for yourself , if you don't take care of your body,it  will show,your skin,it will show, your clothing,it will show, your attitude will  show. Say the "My natural hair won't grow rant for the uneducated, for the women who are unaware of there predisposition towards a very clear characteristic.
**Ok it won't hurt to have a nicely shaped head too,lol"


Random Posts:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks iv been natural for 3 years and my hair is stuck at a certain length I don't understand why it wont grow more.. I see other girls with long natural hair just after a few months and a year.. I get jealous.. but this has inspired me to stay positive.

Salkis Re said...

No need to be jealous sis, some will have and sum are not meant t have but its not a sign of ill health or that someone is better than you, You have to look at your genetics, that is why I posted the pic of the African girl, some people are not hairy..

Please Leave a Comment!