Friday, August 03, 2007

Manifesting What You Really Want!

Hey folks! How yawl doin this week? I've been busy with the back to school rush. It never ceases to bring an influx of new clients-I'm grateful,though. I have been really getting into my spirituality these days. I guess it may be my mid life crisis masquerading itself as enlightenment. Hopefully its the later. I can say that I am enjoying my yearly morning meditations and manifestation self talk. For some reason, I'm really drawn to the whole "Secret" phenomena. If you haven't viewed it yet, you can go to www.thesecret.tv and see for yourself how incredible the message is. In a nutshell, we create our own reality by the way we think. We have shaped every single thing that has happened in our lives right up until this point. Isn't that incredible? I never really knew how much control I had over my life until I really started going within myself. And I am finding out a lot of interesting things about myself.

As I stated in my last entry, I sat down and talked with the inner spirit in me about this whole hair thing and what it really meant to me. My spirit told me that it wasn't whether my hair was natural or not: Life is deeper than that! I feel myself becoming more at peace with me, and because of this I've also become less judgmental of others. It feels good not to be in judgement of everyone. I feel more free than I've ever felt before, but It's a difference when you do something because your truly happy doing it as opposed to just doing it buck the system or to prove that your better than someone else. Don't get me wrong, I am not about to cut my Sisterlocks off and slap a perm on my hair. Shoot, if I did I might as well go get a big, fat, juicy flank steak and rip my miniature canines into it too. No chance of that^)

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my thoughts on manifestation and inner peace. I can say that I have a new respect for myself and my choice to be natural. I really don't feel the need to defend it as I use to. That must be a side effect of getting in tune. You guys should try it too. Tomorrow when you get up, preferably before everyone else wakes up, go to a quiet place in your home and just sit there for like 15 minutes with you eyes closed. Breathe deeply, and try calm down the chaos in your head. Maybe some soft music or anything that will get you calm. The voice will come to you. By voice I mean the real you, your spirit will start speaking to you. How do you know? Because it's the same voice that tells you not to eat all the cookies, or to leave that abusive relationship, or to stop perming your hair or whatever. That's you guide. We often ignore our guides but I think it's time to focus on them especially if we want to survive these crazy times. Another good side effect of this early morning routine is my love for excersize. I am a Tao-Bofanatic! I mean for real. I was so lazy about working out before but I'm at a point were if I don't excersize I start feeling irritable and tired. Who would have thought me to be a an excersize freak. I'm just waiting for that 6 pack ab thing to happen and it's a wrap after that! I can say that I do see the muscles in my arms becoming more defined and my stomach is alot tighter too. After having 2 C'sections I thought that my stomach was hopeless but when Billy Blanks gets ahold of your ass for that hour, he's merciless but in a loving encouraging way! So to all my nappy sisters, put the icecream down and go get a Tae Bo tape. let's get those 6-pack abs together.

Tip of the day
If you want a cheap detangler try Pro-line "Comb Thru". It comes in a green, white and black squeeze tube. I have seen it in the ethnic section at Walmart for about 3 bucks. It's cheap surprisingly it does work!

2 comments:

naadii salaam said...

salkis!

this post touched me so much! i recently had the opportunity to view "the secret" dvd and i found it inspirational also. the principles built heavily on a book that i have been reading since the january called think and grow rich. when u finish with the secret, you might wanna check it out. i definitely loved the imagery and examples put forth in the secret dvd, which really helped drive home the point that we docontrol what we attract to us and what things manifest themselves in our lives.

i am also gettin' my workout on. i'm about halfway through my personal fitness challenge, inspired by da brat and kimberly locke on this last go-round of celebrity fit club. i've definitely gotten my billy blanks bootcamp on! though my arms are more like revolvers than big guns, i can see the difference. and i can actually feel muscle under the pooch on my tummy, lol!

conrats and peace to you sister as your star continues to soar! also peace on your video endeavors, etc. i'll be checking back to see how things progress for you.

Goodnapps said...

Well you are just doing the darn thang aren't cha? Congratulations to all of your success.

I love your piece on when you are truly at piece with yourself, there is no need to pass judgement on others.

Very inspirational post.

Please Leave a Comment!