Friday, June 12, 2009

Save Your Daughters



Your daughters look to you for examples of beauty, self esteem, ambition. We teach them how to be woman, we show them how to love who they are There is nothing more honorable to than to have my daughters love who the are. Nappy is not a curse word in my home, We love every tight curl on our heads, We are just comfortable with what we a naturally given I am glad my kittens do not have to suffer trying to be something they never will me. Tell your daughters they are beautiful-Not just the wavy-haired kittens, but our tight afro kittens too They need to heard that they are worthy How many of us have gone through most of our lives thinking we were ugly and based this though on the standards of what we are not, nor could ever be.

Your girls have a real chance to create the lives they wish, free from doubt

Think about it

9 comments:

msfullroller said...

Beautiful post and so are you & your daughter! Yes, we need so much more of this in our community! Love your blog and glad to see ya back.

Unknown said...

Aaawww this is such a sweet Mom and daughter picture. You make some strong points! I think you have done a great job with your daughter (yes I can see this from all the pics I have seen on here). I hope I can be a great example to my daughter too (when or if I have one) one day. :)

The Real Nique said...

You both are beautiful!

muslimahlocs said...

trying to explain this to 20something college students who know er'thang is the hardest of all. i just had to shake my head and walk away in peace from a convo on this very topic this weekend.

KnottyAuthor said...

you look GREAT! NICE POST! it's been a while 2 long!

shelly said...

Love your post and love your hair. I have 3 girls and they are all natural and love it!

Chloe Bee said...

you and your daughter are sooo stunning! She is the spitting image of her mama and I cant wait to see how the little one is growing cause she too will be stunning. And its is true...all too much black girls, especially or darker chocolate sisters and the nappier hair girls, don't get their self esteem reinforced in the same capacity as the light skinned or wavy hair girls. Its not only lame and old school thinking but psycho.. Styles P says it best in "I'm Black" Ya, I know my skin kinda light that mean my ancestors were raped by somebody white@!" its truth lets love our authentic selves. thank you for starting in your home cause your lovely daughters will radiate that out to others.

Spiral-Loc said...

Wonderful words indeed.

Take care~

Editor- K. T. Mitchell said...

you have the best sisterlocks posted online. I talked to you today and I think I may have to come down to georgia to get them done!

How long do you think the sisterlock extensions will last? Do you think you will get up to NYC soon?

Please Leave a Comment!